Thursday, April 2, 2020

AP Updates: Rhetorical Analysis Essay, May 20, 11:00 a.m.

The College Board will post this tomorrow on its website, but there will be one rhetorical analysis passage on our AP exam this year. The date for the AP Language and Composition exam is Wednesday, May 20 at 11:00 a.m. Pacific Time.
  • Students will have a choice of handwrite the essay/upload from a phone or type on a desktop/laptop and submit.
  • Students will be able to use notes, but not each other. They said they are going to share some of their strategies to catch cheating students (or students planning to cheat), but not all of them. (Please do not go onto Reddit and post on message boards about AP exams, or any online forum!)
  • Those with accommodations (IEPs) will have time automatically built into the delivery of their exams.
  • Teachers will receive copies of their students' exams by May 26.
  • The College Board will provide the ability to test the delivery system in a simulation beforehand, and will provide an AP Testing Guide at the end of April that will cover technical questions in greater depth.
I found this out less than an hour ago. I read an announcement that many colleges are offering credit for AP scores, and the UCs will give credit for a 3, 4, or 5 score. I know that for many students it's more important than ever to obtain college credits, and I'm strategizing over the rest of the break how to best prepare each of you. I hate surprises and I cannot tell you how excited I am to finally know the question type!

Please enjoy the rest of break, and take care of yourselves and your families! I'll post the week's schedule by Sunday night, and I look forward to seeing you Tuesday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment